Loving our Little Man

Loving our Little Man

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Colorado Trip and Brett & Katie's Wedding

Hi everybody!
Daryl (Brent's dad) told me I needed to add some more to the blog! I told him that we've been on the road for the last 2 weeks. so here I am again, Daryl! :)

We headed to the mountains of Green Mountain Falls, Colorado on July 1st through the 7th, to spend a few vacation days relaxing & soaking up the wonderful mountain air! It was so beautiful out there. My parents, Brent, & I had a great time! Brent & Dad golfed & fished. I ran up to the Falls about every morning, & Mom & Sami took lots of walks! We celebrated July 4th with my cousin Daryn, his wife Kelley, & some of their friends, taking in the fireworks in Manitou Springs, It was pretty spectacular with fireworks being shot in front of the mountains, while a lighting storm was behind the mountains. It was a bitter sweet trip, the last vacation at the "old" cabin (our family is building a new & bigger cabin, equipped for winters) so our old cabin has to be torn down. Lots of memories in that cabin :( I will greatly miss the red "Sleepy Seven".


We came back to Kansas City to work for 2 1/2 days, then on to Lincoln for Brent's cousin Brett's wedding weekend. We had a great time & got to see lots of Brent's family.


333 days to go! yay! :)

1 comment:

  1. That gazebo looks familiar... :) Glad you had a relaxing time up here. Hope to spend some time with you next time you're up here. You have a place to stay if you need one while the new cabin is being built. Goodbye, sleepy seven! :(

    ReplyDelete