March 19, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
JC Nichols Fountain in the Plaza
We had planned to spend the weekend with Brent's friends from Omaha, Doug & Erin. We headed to dinner at the Plaza, and then meet them for drinks afterwards. Brent took me to a very nice dinner at Cafe Trio. Then, we were supposed to meet Doug & Erin at PF Changs. All of a sudden, Brent said his mom REALLY wanted a picture of the famous JC Nichols Fountain. I was around 20 degrees, with rain & sleet coming down, and horrible wind; so I was complaining about going by the fountain. I said that there wasn't any water or lights in the fountain! Finally, I agreed, and when I went to take the picture of the fountain, he was down on one knee!!! Of course, I said YES! :)
After the proposal, he said Doug & Erin had a table for us at Brio (where we had gone for drinks on our first date). As we went upstairs to meet them, I turned the corner & saw ALL of our family & lots of close friends, waiting for us! His sister Sarah had flown in from L.A., his parents driving 9 hours from Alliance, my parents had driven back from GB - just 2 days after being here, & Ryan & Katie made the drive from Topeka :) I was SO shocked & overwhelmed by everyone being there! So, LOTS of happy tears :)
Walking into the Brio Party room!
It was so incredible, he did such an amazing job! We have such a special night to remember! I can't believe he coordinated it all (& during tax season!), & that nobody had spilled the surprise!
It also snowed 9 inches that night!
55 days to go! Next up, meeting with the Church Wedding Coordinator, to talk specifics on the ceremony.
It also snowed 9 inches that night! 55 days to go! Next up, meeting with the Church Wedding Coordinator, to talk specifics on the ceremony.


No comments:
Post a Comment