Loving our Little Man

Loving our Little Man

Monday, April 12, 2010

Dresses/Deer Creek/Photographer


Hi all, we had a busy week! So, I tried on some wedding dresses on Friday with a co-worker of mine, & loved 2 of them. It was a lot of fun :) Then, Friday night, Brent & I met with the Deer Creek Golf Club wedding coordinator, Linda, & officially placed our deposit down on Deer Creek for our reception. Brent had not been able to see the inside of the club house at Deer Creek yet (busy doing those taxes!) so he got to check out the room/patio/etc.... He loved it!

So, my mom & dad came up the next day (mom to check out the dresses) & we could go out to dinner to celebrate her Birthday, as well! Mom got to check out the 2 dresses I really liked, and I tried on a few more for her......No dress bought yet! I'm excited to try on some more dresses, til I find the one!

Then, Mom, Dad, & I checked out the hotel RIGHT by Deer Creek (Marriott TownePlace Suites - www.marriott.com/mcitp) & got to check out the rooms & the different types they had. They all have stove/fridge/dishes, etc...& a great outdoor pool! I'm in contact with the lady to get a block of rooms booked for that weekend!

Then, Sunday, I got up at 4:45am, & ran on a Brew-2-Brew team, (We run from Boulevard Brewery in KC to Free State Brewery in Lawrence ~45 miles - & split up 10 legs of the race) I ran with Brent's cousin Brett, Brett's fiance Katie, & some of their friends :) I ran about 10 miles, It was a BEAUTIFUL day! but I was definitely ready for bed last night!

I met with a photographer this morning for a few hours. Rachel Moore. http://www.rpmkc.com/. She was recommended by a friend from Great Bend, Ashley Gorney. Rachel has taken some Pregnancy photos/Pre-baby/& baby pics for her, & also did her brother Trenton's wedding. & they all loved her. She was very nice & had some really beautiful pictures! So we will probably be using her for engagement pics, wedding pics, & wedding video.

That's about it for now....

As for the pics....... one of me in a dress (that I'm not going to get!) it's a little Gone With the Wind, just call me Scarlett Ohara! & the other pic is our Brew 2 Brew team!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jamie! Great picture in the wedding dress! I'm a little behind in keeping up with my blogs, so I'm excited to see that you just posted one tonight! That's great that you ran with cousin Brett! Where was Brent?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...Brent chose to sleep in, not run that day & go golfing. Go figure :) We're running the Trolley Run on Sun April 25th, 4 mile race!

    ReplyDelete