Loving our Little Man

Loving our Little Man

Saturday, April 3, 2010

We're ENGAGED!!! :)


Well, here we go :) I guess I'm going to do this blog thing.....mainly so our family (mostly our moms :) can follow the wedding planning process.

So, after a wonderful engagement weekend: Brent proposing at the JC Nicholas Fountain, followed by a Surprise Engagment party at Brio (Thank you so much to everybody who made it! I can't believe all the planning Brent did! & even during tax season!) & the 9 inches of snow! It made a great & memorable weekend!


On to the wedding planning, Brent & I met with Father Jerry of St. Agnes Church last Monday morning (all Saturdays in June 2011 were available, so that was great!!!) Since getting engaged, I have been contacting NUMEROUS reception sites, to compare prices, meals, packages, locations, etc......Last week, I toured the Deer Creek Golf Club & Terrace on the Green venues. And, after a little discussion about the location, hotels, prices, etc...we have decided to have the reception at the Deer Creek Golf Club (www.deercreekgc.com). The "Wedding Coordinator" was so very nice, & is on vacation til the end of this week. So we will meet with her this weekend & get things Officially booked up for Sat. June 11, 2011!

The next steps to follow include: booking a great Band for the reception, figuring out our wedding party, & looking at Wedding Dresses! :)

According to the Knot.com :) only 434 days left to go! :) I am looking forward to April 16th, so Brent can help a little with the planning!

1 comment:

  1. Great! This will be fun and keep everyone up to speed without having to make phone calls to everyone!! So glad we got to be there for the big surprise. Thanks, Brent!

    ReplyDelete