Over Memorial Day, we had a long weekend trip to the Sleepy Seven Cabin in Colorado. My mom just retired, as of May 25th! So, it was a good excuse for all 6 of us to meet up at the ol' cabin for some R & R, hiking, running, fishing, golfing, reading, campfires, and smores :)
 |
| Cheers to Mom's Retirement! |
Friday morning, we decided to do "The Incline".... this path used to be an old railroad path to get supplies up to Pikes Peak, and when they no longer needed to use it as a railroad, they left all the RR ties there....and it became an extreme stair-stepper workout! about 3000 steps & 1 mile straight up the mountain, with little oxygen!
 |
| Before.... |
 |
| At the Base of the Incline |
 |
| Half way up & still smiling! |
 |
| We made it to the top!!! woo hoo! |
Then, we had a little night out to celebrate Mom's retirement, a little Wine Tasting & dinner at the Cliff House! I believe it was built in the 1870's....it felt like we were on the Titanic :)
Great trip to the mountains! And, I saw my first bear, while I was out running! I think my heart almost stopped! But, it didn't see me!
No comments:
Post a Comment